MwRSF is a full-service testing house, offering compliance testing, design, redesign, failure analysis, and component testing of roadway and roadside appurtenances. Testing experience includes performance testing of guardrail, bridge rails, delineators, luminaries, mailboxes, work zone sign supports, and component testing of post designs, break-away and slip bases, as well as materials testing.
MwRSF is an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accredited Laboratory. In 2009, MwRSF was approved for accreditation by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in the field of safety performance evaluation of highway features and vehicle testing of crash barriers for the tests identified in the Scope of Accreditation. A copy of MwRSF's accreditation certificate and scope of services can be found by clicking here or online at www.a2la.org
Testing evaluations are conducted according to the governmental and industrial safety performance criteria of:
- Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware (MASH)
- European Standard EN 1317
- NCHRP Report 350
- ASTM F2656 and SD-STD-02.01. Revision A (Perimeter Protection Systems and Access Control Devices)
- AASHTO Breakaway Poles and Supports
Full Scale Crash Testing and Component Testing
Roadside System Evaluation Criteria:
- Controlled capture or redirection of the vehicle. * No rollover
- Minimal occupant compartment damage.
- Safe Occupant ridedown decelerations.
- Detached elements of vehicle and barrier should not pose a hazard.
* No override or underride of barrier
* Safe redirection
Roadside Features Tested (not an all-inclusive list):
- Bridge Decks and Rails
- End Terminals
- Temporary Barriers
- Crash Cushions
- Culvert Grates
- Truck Mounted Attenuators (TMAs)
- Work-Zone Traffice Control Devices